For Seattle residents struggling with alcohol addiction a toll-free helpline is usually the first contact point in the journey to sobriety. Helpline counselors are available 24 hours a day to answer questions and give encouragement to those seeking treatment for alcohol addiction. Alcohol helpline counselors can help the person addicted to alcohol find a treatment program and get the answers that he or she needs.
Alcohol Abuse Helpline Questions
When you or your loved one decides to call a helpline, gather information such as the following:
- The name of your insurance company and your group, contract or identification number
- What type of coverage you have for substance abuse treatment
- If you have a deductible or co-pays
If you can’t find this information out yourself, don’t worry. Your helpline counselor can get answers about insurance coverage for Seattle residents. Your alcohol helpline counselor will ask you a series of questions to help determine what your next steps need to be. During this time it is important to answer questions as honestly as possible. You or your loved one has made a big step by calling, and answering questions as thoroughly as you can will help the process go more smoothly. Questions you might be asked include the following:
- What is the extent of the alcohol abuse and what problems is it causing?
- How serious are you or your loved one about getting help?
- What is your financial situation should your insurance not cover treatment, and how will you be able to pay for treatment?
- What is your or your loved one’s current state of mind, and are there any mental health issues or disorders currently diagnosed or being treated?
Answers to these questions will allow your helpline counselor to evaluate your particular situation and get you started in the right direction.
Alcohol Helpline Advice for Parents in Seattle
If the person needing help is a child, a parent in Seattle can call a helpline. Your situation is unique, and finding the right type of treatment for your teen or young adult child will require specific information. Have on hand your insurance information before you call. If you need help understanding your coverage, your helpline counselor will help with this.
Alcohol helpline counselors will listen to your situation and will help you feel comfortable sharing your fears for your child’s safety and future. They can guide you through a process of coming up with the best plan of action for your son or daughter. Parent with alcoholic children need special guidance to help them through this difficult time, and toll-free alcohol addiction helplines are available to answer your questions.
Alcohol Addiction Helpline for Seattle Residents
If you or a loved one in Seattle is ready to get help for alcohol addiction, we are here for you. Call our toll-free helpline 24 hours a day.