Drug addiction is destructive to your body and to your psychological health. Drugs affect you mentally, and addiction causes a damaging lack of control that may result in shame or isolation. Due to the psychological effects of drugs a full recovery for Seattle residents requires more than medical detoxification.
Addiction is a treatable condition, and inpatient facilities create a safe and supportive environment for coping with the physical and mental ramifications of drug abuse and withdrawal to help you achieve a lasting recovery.
Approaching Mental Health Issues in Seattle Addicts
Inpatient facilities offer a variety of services to address mental health issues, and these include the following:
- 24-hour guidance. The goal of around the clock care is to ensure your safety, health and sobriety, while you are in inpatient addiction treatment.
- Individualized treatment. Inpatient treatment is both comprehensive and specific, meaning that it is tailored to your needs and your stage of addiction. The psychological process of recovery is different for everyone, and personalized care targets your mental health issues more effectively than standardized care.
- Treatment for co-occurring disorders. Mental health disorders and drug addiction often go hand in hand, and treating both disorders simultaneously is the most effective means of rehabilitation for Seattle residents.
- Counseling. Individual counseling helps you cope with the emotional challenges of addiction and recovery. Group therapy will help you identify with others who have undergone similar struggles, and family counseling provides a healthy way for your loved ones to communicate with you and receive guidance on how to better care for you.
- Skill building. Developing the skills you need to resist drug addiction will prepare you to live in a healthier way and will help give you the confidence you need to resume your life in Seattle.
- Recreational activities. Treatment centers offer activities such as yoga, equine therapy, meditation, outdoor pursuits and social outings to aid you in understanding that life can be enjoyed outside of addiction.
- Long-term minded therapy. The goal of inpatient facilities is to help you achieve a lasting recovery from addiction and its effects on your mental health. Post-treatment support and therapist referrals are often available.
Lasting Results of Treatment
The goal of addiction treatment is ultimately to improve your quality of life in Seattle. Dealing with only the physical aspects of drug addiction will prevent a full recovery. Working through the psychological issues that accompany drug addiction will more thoroughly uproot the problem and its negative effects. For this reason inpatient facilities are equipped to guide you through both the medical and emotional aspects of recovery and help you live the rest of your life free of addiction.
Help for Addiction
If you or a loved one is struggling with a drug addiction, the help you need is available. Take a step toward recovery by calling our toll-free helpline and receiving more information about treatment options. We are available 24 hours a day. Don’t let addiction ruin your life in Seattle. Call us today.